Saturday 28 January 2012

A GRAND DAY OUT

I've been rough shooting since I was 13 and every now and again I beat for a local pheasant shoot.  It's just a small affair on a farm nearby with a great bunch of guys and their dogs!  There's a bag limit of 50 birds, so just enough for a brace each and most of the guns do their share of working.  This week was the last in the season and fortunately the the rain held off for the day.

No specially laid on lunch supplied with this one, just our own pack up (extra large!) plus a taster of the homemade wine and cakes Mr G our Italian gun brings from his bakery.

  


I've got my brace hanging and will be cooking them up this weekend.
Hmmm, what to do with them this time? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...